but the logical consequence of a specific philosophy based on the willingness and desire to obtain only the best, by patiently and tirelessly selecting the properties of rare natural ingredients chosen specifically for the function of each
THE HELAN PHYTO-COSMETICS ARE FORMULATED WITH SUBSTANCES DRAWN WISELY ON ANCIENT HERBAL KNOWLEDGE
- VEGETABLE DRY EXTRACTS TITRATED IN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS Aloe vera juice, Centella asiatica, Mallow, Bilberry and red Vine are only some of the 150 plants used.
- ESSENTIAL OILS combined in multi-functional, synergetic active complexes: Rosemary, Lavender, Thyme, Eucalyptus, Mint, Pine…
- VEGETABLE BUTTERS°° sebum similar and non-clogging: Karitè butter, Avocado, Olive
- VEGETABLE OILS°°: Wheat germ, Jojoba, sweet Almond, Olive, Rice bran, Sesame, Grapeseed …
- FAIR-TRADE RAW MATERIALS° coming from certified, organic productions in economically developing regions.
- MANUFACTURED IN HARMONY WITH NATURE, WITH THE BEST BIODEGRADABILITY
- ANIMAL-BASED INGREDIENTS FREE**
- OGM FREE **
- PETROLEUM, MINERAL OILS, LANOLINS, SILICONES and PEG FREE **
- PARABEN and PHENOXYETHANOL FREE **
- EDTA FREE **
- SLS AND SLES FREE **
- SYNTHETIC COLORANT FREE **
°HELAN searches its raw material coming from trustworthy partners
- who farm in regions that are less advanced
- who have a no-impact policy on the surrounding farming environment
- who guarantee the traceability of the origin of the raw material.
°°HELAN choses suppliers of raw materials who:
- are engaged with the RSPO: The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil.
- buy fatty acids from alternative sources like Rapeseed, Sunflower, Olive or Castor oil.
HELAN is committed to important environmental and social matters amongst which preserving the forest, as a potential reserve of carbon dioxide, and its inhabitants, thus enacting a concrete action against environmental changes.
**Standard ISO 16128 “Guidelines on technical definitions and criteria for natural and organic cosmetic ingredients and products”
The mission of these new guidelines should have been to favour a wider variety of natural and organic ingredients in the formulation of cosmetic products in order to encourage innovation, to identify the processes of production that are admitted, as well as to calculate a correct quantitative of raw material in the finished products.
However, this was not the case, as the Standard:
- authorizes also ingredients obtained from OGM, from petrochemical sources and substances that have nothing to do with natural and organic formulations
- proposes a method of calculation of the % of natural and organic ingredients that is unclear.